The Dinning Hall is located on the east of the Mahaviro Hall. It is in the east, facing the west and looks the east gable wall of the Mahaviro Hall. According to Records of Newly-built Dinning Hall of Songshan Shaolin Temple written by Gu Shaolian in the Wuyin year (798) of the Zhenyuan period, the Dinning Hall was built in the Zhenyuan period of the Tang Dynasty. Future generations repaired many times. The construction was destroyed in 1928 and rebuilt on its site in 1995.